CALL FOR ART SUBMISSIONS
FOR DISPLAY AT THE TOWNSHIP OF KING MUNICIPAL CENTRE
Deadline for application:
- 2024 installations – September 11, 2023 (11:59 pm)
- 2025 installations – September 9, 2024 (11:59 pm)
- Artist must be a resident of King Township and/or a member of Arts Society King.
- A minimum of 8 pieces of artwork are required to fill the display space (depending on the size of individual pieces, more pieces may be required).
- If selected, artists are responsible for hanging and removing their own artwork at a specified time with the assistance of a KHCC staff member/volunteer or ASK volunteer.
- Artwork must be delivered and installed at an arranged time during business hours (8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday).
- Chance of art being selected depends on the number of artists who apply for use of this space.
- Labels will be produced by the King Heritage & Cultural Centre with information from the artist (title of artwork, name of artist, medium, size, price and artist contact information).
- If your artwork is selected for display and one of your pieces sells, you will be contacted to arrange for payment. All monetary transactions with take place between the artist and the buyer at a mutually convenient time and will not be handled by the KHCC, ASK or the Township of King.
- Artwork that is sold can be replaced with another piece OR left on display until the end of booked display period with buyer’s permission (but space cannot be left empty).
- Artists are strongly encouraged to check with their insurance company to ensure they have sufficient coverage for loss or damage to their artwork while on display.
- Arts Society King and King Township, their elected officials, directors, members, employees and agents assume no responsibility or liability for any loss, damage or injuries of any kind occurring or suffered either before or after or during participation in the exhibit. The organizers, their elected officials, directors, members, employees and agents do not assume any liability or responsibility for damage to artwork or any other property owned by the artist and/or financial loss that may be incurred by the artist.
All walls are brick and have a hanging system for use by the artist. Maximum height for artwork is approximately 60” – width of individual walls is outlined below:
1) 64” 2) 156” 3) 63” 4) 63” 5) 86” 6) 70” 7) 70” 8) 70”